- N2AAM takes you from Zero RF to 300Ghz in 35 minutes
- DXpedition Calendar
- Miss your Tesla Presentation??? It’s on YouTube – NOW!
- Shortwave Receiver available from retired ham
- Cambridge University Engineer Rebuilds Enigma Code-Breaking Machine
- The Uncertain Future of Amateur Radio
- KA2RVA ESTATE Equipment
- A Decade of The Sun
- Collins driving another nail into the amateur radio Emergency Communications coffin?
- FOR SALE: Unused Icom-7300, Power supply and Tuner
- FOR SALE: TS-50 and AutoTuner
- FIELD DAY 2020: BALANCING TRADITION AND SAFETY IN THE COVID-19 ERA
- KIDS DAY IN THE AGE OF COVID-19
- Heathkit radios
- The National Weather Service is working to revolutionize severe storm warning
- VE Day: The Nazis’ last transmission: Message from German WWII radio station ‘closing down for ever’ that was decrypted by Bletchley Park is released by GCHQ
- Are Quantum Radios The Future??
- Bob Shohet, KQ2M,Continues on his Winning DX and Contesting Practices!
- Night of Nights XXI * Sunday, July 12, 2020
- KQ2M – Bob Shohet on DXing & Contesting
- Silent film reel shows staff connected to Bletchley Park for first time
- DX Calendar for April 2020
- License Exams (VEC) indefinately postponed
- Talking To Submarines: The Goliath Antenna Network
- We’re International … setting the pace for the world?
W2NZ on Cambridge University Engineer… FIELD DAY 2020: BALA… on FIELD DAY 2020: BALANCING TRAD… Heathkit radios — W… on Heathkit radios Are Quantum Radios T… on Are Quantum Radios The Fu… Kai K2TRW on License Exams (VEC) indefinate…
Tag Archives: History
Bob Shohet, KQ2M, shows the connection between Contesting and DXing! Continue reading
Florencia Pierri continues with her presentation on Amateur Radio’s impact on the American Household. The presentation ends with a robust Q-n-A, and ample additions by W2AAB, NP4H, W2AAM, W2JLH, and W2TTT. Please enjoy, and pass it along! w2nz … Continue reading
Well the Part One of the 2019 Antiques Night is complete. This section demonstrates an AM Phone QSO with W2KBF. How the *OLE* Timers contended with the difficulties as compared to now is clearly an indication of how much … Continue reading
Gene Ottenheimer, WO2W, Life Member of FairLawnARC.org and one of the Five Founders of B.A.R.A, gave a presentation on the “TWOER” at the Senior Center for Antiques’ Night 2019. The “Twoer” is representative of some ’60s Ham Technology – yes, … Continue reading
This is the follow up section on FLARC’s Antiques’ Night 2019, chronologically it was preceded by The Nutshell History on Amateur Radio to Current – MC’d by Jim Joyce, K2ZO. This video explores the inherent difficulties of making QSOs in … Continue reading
A bit of Ham Radio history by K2ZO, some classic 1960’s Receivers and Transmitters, QRP, AM, Phone. Operations by W2AAB and WA2BYX, equipment refurbished by our inimitable WI2W! Continue reading
Part 2 of Dr. Barry Cohen’s, K2NZ, “QRT-500 — The Final 500kHz Transmissions from UK Coastal Distress Watch Stations”
In Part 2 we have Dr. Cohen explaining some of the history and details as originally documented in the 1998 Discovery Channel Production of the “… — the Final 500kHz Transmissions from the UK Coastal Distress Watch Stations”. Enjoy! 73- … Continue reading