HQ building is closed but ARRL/VEC is working remotely. The FCC is processing applications.
This is what the interim CEO has told me:
What is being processed:
1. E-filed test sessions. There are a few who are doing this as the system is in limited testing.
2. Scanned test session paperwork in PDF format. These must NOT have any social security numbers, only FRNs. There are smartphone apps which will do this if your team doesn’t have a scanner.
3. VE accreditation (eg. if you want to become a VE)
4. Administrative updates to licenses (eg address changes) for individual and club licenses submitted via e-mail or telephone.
5. License renewals submitted via email or telephone.
What is NOT being processed:
Anything that has to be mailed or physically delivered to HQ. Mail service and processing is extremely limited due to the Connecticut executive order and these will be held to be processed later on.
Ria, N2RJ Hudson Division director, ARRL
NOTE: FLARC license exams are suspended “for the duration” …