PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY 1152 AM EDT WED OCT 23 2019 ...THE NOAA WEATHER RADIO NYC TRANSMITTER KWO-35 WILL BE ON THE AIR FOR A FEW WEEKS TO TEST TRANSMISSION... NOAA WEATHER RADIO STATION KWO-35, OPERATING ON A FREQUENCY OF 162.550 MHZ BASED OUT OF NEW YORK CITY, WILL BE ON THE AIR FOR A FEW WEEKS TO TEST TRANSMISSION FROM A NEW LOCATION. THE TRANSMITTER WILL BE OPERATING AT REDUCED POWER FOR THIS TEST SO AREAL COVERAGE OF THESE BROADCASTS WILL BE OPERATING IN A LIMITED CAPACITY. ONCE THESE TESTS ARE CONCLUDED AND DEEMED SUCCESSFUL, WE WILL CONTINUE TO WORK TOWARDS A FULL OPERATION AND PERMANENT INSTALLATION. FURTHER INFORMATION ON AN ESTIMATED TIME OF RETURN TO SERVICE WILL BE PROVIDED ONCE THE TESTS HAVE BEEN CONCLUDED THROUGH PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENTS. IN THE MEANTIME, LOCAL NWS OBSERVATIONS, FORECASTS AND DATA FOR THE NYC METROPOLITAN AREA CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON: THE WEB AT HTTP://WWW.WEATHER.GOV/OKX FACEBOOK AT: HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/NWSNEWYORKNY TWITTER AT: HTTPS://TWITTER.COM/NWSNEWYORKNY IN ADDITION, VOICE RECORDINGS OF NWS WEATHER INFORMATION ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE NYC METROPOLITAN AREA AT 631-924-0517. IF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT SUSAN BUCHANAN, NWS ACTING DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS AT SUSAN.BUCHANAN@NOAA.GOV OR 301-427-9000. $$
- N2AAM takes you from Zero RF to 300Ghz in 35 minutes
- DXpedition Calendar
- Miss your Tesla Presentation??? It’s on YouTube – NOW!
- Shortwave Receiver available from retired ham
- Cambridge University Engineer Rebuilds Enigma Code-Breaking Machine
- The Uncertain Future of Amateur Radio
- KA2RVA ESTATE Equipment
- A Decade of The Sun
- Collins driving another nail into the amateur radio Emergency Communications coffin?
- FOR SALE: Unused Icom-7300, Power supply and Tuner
- FOR SALE: TS-50 and AutoTuner
- FIELD DAY 2020: BALANCING TRADITION AND SAFETY IN THE COVID-19 ERA
- KIDS DAY IN THE AGE OF COVID-19
- Heathkit radios
- The National Weather Service is working to revolutionize severe storm warning
- VE Day: The Nazis’ last transmission: Message from German WWII radio station ‘closing down for ever’ that was decrypted by Bletchley Park is released by GCHQ
- Are Quantum Radios The Future??
- Bob Shohet, KQ2M,Continues on his Winning DX and Contesting Practices!
- Night of Nights XXI * Sunday, July 12, 2020
- KQ2M – Bob Shohet on DXing & Contesting
- Silent film reel shows staff connected to Bletchley Park for first time
- DX Calendar for April 2020
- License Exams (VEC) indefinately postponed
- Talking To Submarines: The Goliath Antenna Network
- We’re International … setting the pace for the world?
W2NZ on Cambridge University Engineer… FIELD DAY 2020: BALA… on FIELD DAY 2020: BALANCING TRAD… Heathkit radios — W… on Heathkit radios Are Quantum Radios T… on Are Quantum Radios The Fu… Kai K2TRW on License Exams (VEC) indefinate…