Fair Lawn ARC and Fair Lawn ARES will provide communications support for the annual Fair Lawn Memorial Day Parade on Monday May 27, 2019.
All hams who are interested in supporting this event should meet in the parking lot of Memorial School next to the Memorial Park pool between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. on Monday May 27. David KD2MOB and Randy WU2S will assign volunteers to positions in the parade and to fixed locations along the parade route. There are typically one or two hams in the lead vehicle for each parade section. There are usually five (5) sections in the parade.
We will operate on simplex frequency 146.535 as a primary channel and on the W2NPT repeater on 147.45 as a backup.
Please make sure that the radio you will use have both frequencies ready to use.
We will use the callsign KB2FLA as the net control station.
We plan to conduct a radio check from net control to all volunteers at approximately 9:45 a.m.
The parade is scheduled to begin at 10:30 and is expected to conclude around 12:00 noon at the grandstand in Memorial Park.
The expected parade route is:
- Start on Pollit Drive heading South
- Turn Right onto Fair Lawn Ave. heading West.
- Pass in review by the Borough Hall
- Turn Left onto River Road heading South
- Turn Right onto Berdan Ave heading West
- Turn Right onto 1st heading North
- Turn Left onto Avenue of Heroes entering Memorial Park and heading West.